Do you find, that as you get older you’re starting to be more and more like your mom or your grandma? As a teenager I would have rather died than acknowledged this, but now, I’m embracing it. I can spot myself doing/being different things that majorly resonate with my mum and/or my grandma.
To start things off here’s a list of reasons why I’m turning into my grandma:
1. I open any present carefully, not necessarily because there might be a fragile item inside, but because I want to save the wrapping paper! I actually have some wrapping paper that my grandma saved in the 70s – proof is in the pictures above…nuts!
2. When my toothpaste is running low I cut it in half and scrape the rest out with my toothbrush (this might be one of the weirdest habits:)
3. I have a box full of buttons (one of the most special things was to inherit my grandma’s collection of buttons when she passed away).
4. I’m inspired to start making more of my own clothes. She made all her own and her children’s clothes – winter coats and all! (I think it’ll be a looong while before I’m brave enough to attempt winter coats:)
5. I knit. (And oh boy did my granma knit! She was a machine)
Some might find realising they’re turning into their grandma terrifying. I don’t – my ‘mummi’ is one of my heroes!
Ps. Sorry about the silence over the last weeks – life is taking over at the moment and making it so hard to keep on top of posting! However, we’re still managing to keep fairly active over in Instagram. If you’re a grammer find us under->
@hannaelinab , @celestemichelle , @sarahbelfrancis